GROW IN THE WORD OF GOD
5 Key Benefits of Bible Study
1. It helps us avoid sin in our lives and the destruction that follows Psalm 119:11- I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Jeremiah 13:22- And if you ask yourself, "Why has this happened to me?" -- it is because of your many sins that your skirts have been torn off and your body mistreated.
2. It helps us obey God’s word Joshua 1:8- Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
3. It grows our faith Romans 10:17- So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
4. It equips us to carry out our purposes in life 2 Timothy 3:16-17- All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
5. It helps us understand and share the bible correctly 2 Timothy 2:15- Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.